Voluntary Action Rotherham is the lead body for supporting, developing and promoting the voluntary and community sector in the Rotherham borough. Its core activities and associated projects are a keystone for local community engagement and development.
It is a registered charity (no. 1075995) and a company limited by guarantee (no.2222190), governed by a Board of Management (Trustees) nominated and elected by its members.
- Strong, vibrant voluntary and community action uniting and improving the lives of individuals and communities throughout Rotherham
- To support and develop effective, sustainable and influential voluntary and community action which brings about positive change in the lives of individuals and communities in Rotherham.
Information and Influence
- To communicate relevant, high quality, timely information to the VCS
- To ensure the VCS has a co-ordinated voice to shape policy decisions and practice
- To support the VCS to network and collaborate and work in partnership
- To promote the VCS and provide strategic representation and leadership
Strengthen & Support
- To provide specialist high quality support services to meet VCS needs
- To support VCS needs for a skilled, professional workforce including volunteering
- To improve and maximise access to diversified income sources for the VCS
- To support increased efficiencies, evidence effectiveness of VCS organisations
Efficiency & Effectiveness
- To ensure we are effectively managed and governed, responsive and accountable to our diverse membership base
- To maintain our independence, achieve financial sustainability and be innovative in responding to new needs and challenges
- To demonstrate our effectiveness, value for money and be committed to continuously improving the quality of our work
- To support and encourage partnership working on behalf of the VCS so that everyone in Rotherham can fulfil the