The CYPF Consortium was formed in 2003 by a group of voluntary and community sector organisations who believe in the benefits of working together and are committed to providing the best possible VCS contribution to improving outcomes for children, young people and families.
Truly collaborative by nature, the Consortium unites 30+ member organisations to engage as effective partners in developing innovative, cost-effective and collaborative projects and services. We also proactively anticipate, respond and contribute to current and emerging priorities in Rotherham, whilst placing the needs and views of children, young people and families at the centre of our work.
Through its strategic representation and coordination, the Consortium ensures connectivity between the VCS and Local Authority, quality assurance of its members and a platform for cross-sector and multi-agency partnership working..
Consortium members meet on a monthly basis and come together on events, projects and workforce development opportunities to:
- Increase knowledge and good practice among members
- Represent the views of its members and their service users to exert influence and change things for the better
- Anticipate and meet the needs of children, young people and families
- Innovate and change how services are commissioned and delivered
- Proactively plan ways to maximise funding and other opportunities
- Develop new projects and services
- Promote excellent safeguarding standards
The Consortium welcomes new members from a wide range of voluntary and community organisations working with children, young people and families in Rotherham – small or large.