top of page

Youth Development Worker

£11,700 per annum
15 hours per week - Working Pattern: One evening session of up to 4 hours direct delivery one evening a week.
Rotherham
Fixed-Term - initial 6 months contract
WR23
YMCA Rotherham (YMCA White Rose)
Job Reference:
Organisation:
Salary:
Hours and Working Pattern:
Location:
Term of Employment:
25th June 2024

How to Apply

For further information and to complete an application form for the above role, please visit - https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/about-ymca-fylde-coast/careers-at-ymca-fylde-coast/

Closing date for this role is Tuesday 25th June 2024 by 9:00am.

Job Description

If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.

We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, young people and families at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self-esteem and potential in new ways.

Job Role:
We are looking to appoint an experienced youth worker to lead on the consultation and development of our youth work offer in Rotherham with a particular focus on Kimberworth Park, Kimberworth and Eastwood.

A key function of the role will be build relationships with existing youth and community organisations to understand any gaps in provision and mutually beneficial partnership opportunities for the development of YMCA Youth Work activities. Approx 25% of the role will involve direct delivery and engagement with young people. The remaining 75% will support the development of the YMCA’s youth offer including developing partnerships and funding opportunities.

Working Pattern: One evening session of up to 4 hours direct delivery one evening a week.
Purpose of the Job:
• To lead the on the ground development of the YMCA Youth Offer in Rotherham
• To establish partnership opportunities with likeminded youth and community organisations for the mutual benefit of young people
• To consult with young people on the gaps in local provision
• To work towards a funding plan including development of small funding applications
• To report consultation findings to the Board and Management team.

bottom of page