Access to provide enterprise development support to the sector from 2018-23
Are you are charity or social enterprise seeking support?
Access works with partners to deliver its programmes to offer funding and programmes in development.
In 2016-17, Access established three core support programmes: The Reach Fund, the Impact Management Programme and the Connect Fund. Building on what has been learned from these programmes, and others which have supported the sector in similar ways, Access is committing £40m to support enterprise development for charities and social enterprises in England for the period 2018-23.
This will provide a broad range of support to help organisations make a transition to new enterprise models, or grow existing ones, with a focus on the models which are best enabled by access to finance, and on enabling organisations to utilise the tool of social investment as part of that transition.
The program will be delivered with the following principles:
- Support will be given to charities and social enterprises who wish to develop or grow new or more diverse income streams.
- Funding awarded should be used to test propositions and refine their business models based on their experiences.
- Social enterprises and charities are encouraged to learn from and with each other, thus finding a balance between bespoke services and drawing together organisations facing similar challenges and opportunities to come together and learn from each other.
- Groups should draw together sharing knowledge, to build on effectiveness and efficiency in the sector.
- The form of support will fit with the need. Up to this point consultancy, with a focus on providing analytical services has been a predominant use of investment. A greater range of interventions, provided in different ways beyond a consultancy model, need to be tested and refined, with a focus on creative, design-led approaches.
Access will work with a number of sub-contractors to build on what has been learned and broaden the programme.
Access are initially choosing to focus on homelessness and youth services. These areas have a significant untapped potential for enterprise development and therefore a latent requirement for social investment, and it is where they believe support can be particularly additional.
You can read the announcement of the 2018-23 strategy here.
Click here to find out how to get involved their current and developing programmes.
Email Access by firstname.lastname@example.org