Arts Council England’s Youth Performance Partnerships Fund – November Deadline
Arts Council England is offering funding to provide a programme of extra-curricular activity in school and community settings across England. The total budget is £5 million with £1 million over three academic years per application. Minimum match funding of 10% of total project budget as cash match.
The overall aim of the programme is to provide new opportunities for more children and young people (aged 8-18 years), particularly from areas of low cultural engagement and high levels of deprivation to take part in high quality performance and performance making. This programme will support children and young people to develop skills both on and off stage, including set, costume, lighting and sound design as well as writing, directing and performance.
There is particular interest in:
- Partnerships that support work with children and young people from areas of disadvantage, particularly with schools where there is a higher than average % of pupils eligible for Free School meals.
- An opportunity for children, young people and schools to take an active role in co-designing activities.
- A proven track record of producing theatre.
- Experience commissioning and/or programming new writing.
- Partnerships with local organisations and schools with performance spaces.
A lead organisation on behalf of a Local Cultural Education Partnership, that has a formal partnership agreement in place, would be eligible to apply. NPOs and NPO consortium partners are eligible to act as the lead organisation.
Projects must take place from 1 April 2019 to 3 August 2022.
There is a two-stage application process. Groups that are successful at the first stage will be invited to submit a full application and will have six weeks after notification to do so.
The deadline for Expressions of Interest is (12pm/midday) on 22 November 2018.
For more information about this fund and to express an interest click here.