Bright Ideas Fund Opens for Applications
The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund is funded by Power to Change, the independent trust supporting community businesses in England, and delivered by Locality, the national network for community organisations.
The fund aims to give community groups the support and tools to start setting up their community business. It will also give groups the early stage finance that is needed to carry out consultation with local people and feasibility studies to develop a community business idea the community wants and needs.
A total of £700,000 is being made available in Round 4 with grants of up to £15,000.
Successful organisations will receive:
• Business development support – up to 12 days of business development support from Locality, Plunkett Foundation, or Co-operatives UK.
• Grant funding – the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £15,000, which can be spent on specific activities to develop the community business idea.
• Learning and peer networking – access to online resources, thematic webinars and the opportunity to visit and learn from existing community businesses.
The following is an indication of the range of grants available:
• Ideas stage – grants of between £1,000 and £10,000.
• Pre-venture stage – grants of between £1,000 and £15,000.
There is particular interest in Bradford, Grimsby, Hartlepool, Leicester, Luton, Plymouth, Wigan, Liverpool City Region, Suffolk and West of England Combined Authorities.
You must complete the eligibility checker in order to apply for the Bright Ideas Fund. The deadline to submit the eligibility checker is 5pm on Monday 30 July 2018.
If you have successfully completed the eligibility checker, you will receive an email that includes a link to the application form. Your link will be accessible until the deadline for applications at 5pm on 31 July 2018.
Listen to the webinar – here.
To find out more and apply visit the Locality-My Community website – here.