British Red Cross FREE First Aid offer
The Red Cross Adult Education team work with organisations and community groups in South Yorkshire who support:
- Those living with, or in contact with people with issues around drug and alcohol
- Those who are at risk of becoming or are in contact with people who are homeless or rough sleepers and at risk of injury or sudden illness
- Those who are in contact with or are adults over 65 who are at risk of slips, trips and falls.
Our FREE sessions have the clinical language removed to ensure that it is easy to learn and therefore easy to remember in an emergency. Sessions typically last 2 hours, but flexible depending on number of skills taught, and are for up to 15 people.
Who can attend a workshop?
- Volunteers, carers or clients aged 19+
What can you expect from our first aid session?
- Effective, easy to learn first aid education in a relaxed and informal style.
- Provide relevant first aid skills tailored to the needs of the group.
- Break down the barriers to helping others.
- Build the confidence and willingness to help in a first aid emergency.
- Repeat workshops are available
- Participants will receive a booklet that covers the skills learned and will be awarded a certificate of learning upon completion.
- Delivered by experienced Red Cross trained educators.
- Delivered at your venue.
- Fully funded – there is no cost to you.
If you would like more information or would like to book a course please contact Vivienne Rowden on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07739 333678