Call It Out: South Yorkshire LGBT+ Awareness Training for Housing and Homelessness Service Providers
Call It Out is a new South Yorkshire LGBT+ Domestic Abuse project run by SAYiT. It aims to address the barriers preventing LGBT+ people from accessing mainstream domestic abuse support services.
They have just released dates for their next round of free training: South Yorkshire LGBT+ Awareness Training for Housing and Homelessness Service Providers
By attending this session you will:
- Improve your knowledge on levels of domestic abuse in LGBT+ people and the barriers to accessing mainstream provision
- Improve your understanding about what is meant by Sexual Identity and Gender Identity
- Improve your knowledge of terminology around gender and sexual identities e.g. what is meant by cis gender and non-binary
- Improve your confidence to support LGBT+ service users
- Learn best practice in collecting information on sexual identity and gender identity and trans history.
Click on the link below to book your place via Eventbrite:
To keep upto date with the latest news and events from the Call It Out project and find out when new training dates are announced subscribe to their mailing list at www.sayit.org.uk/callitout