Comic Relief, Across borders: routes to safety for refugees
Comic Relief is inviting proposals from organisations supporting refugees on the move along the key migration routes, from the Middle East and North Africa to Europe, including the UK.
The Across borders: routes to safety for refugees fund aims to “support refugees and people seeking asylum to safe, legal and dignified routes to fulfilling and happy settlement, whether that be in the country of destination, transition country or country of origin.” “This call is focused on organisations working along the key migration routes from Middle East and North Africa into Europe, including settlement in the UK. For organisations applying for UK based work, it should be clear from your proposal that you are committed to working with and informed by people who have made that journey.”
There are two options for funding in the UK:
- One investment of £800,000 for a funded partnership.
- Investments of £150,000 to £250,000 for a smaller funded partnership or for a single organisation.
Funding is available for between 3 and 5 years.
“Whilst all the work we fund should be rooted in and informed by service delivery with effective participation of people with lived experience at the heart, we are looking for a mixed portfolio which aims to achieve holistic social change through a combination of:
- Direct service delivery at grassroots level.
- Shifting public attitudes and countering negative narrative through campaigns, the arts, media, popular culture both in the UK, Europe and further afield.
- Changes to policy, practice and legislation.”
There is a two-stage application process for this fund. The deadline for first stage applications is 16 September 2019 (12 noon).