Deadline Extended for Community Business Bright Ideas Fund
The fund aims to give community groups the support and tools to start setting up their community business. It will also give groups the early stage finance that is needed to carry out consultation with local people and feasibility studies to develop a community business idea the community wants and needs.
In this round, there is particular interest in Bradford, Grimsby, Hartlepool, Leicester, Luton, Plymouth, Wigan, Liverpool City Region, Suffolk and West of England Combined Authorities.
A total of £700,000 is being made available in Round 4 with grants of up to £15,000.
Successful organisations will receive:
- Business development support – up to 12 days of business development support from Locality, Plunkett Foundation, or Co-operatives UK.
- Grant funding – the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £15,000, which can be spent on specific activities to develop the community business idea.
- Learning and peer networking – access to online resources, thematic webinars and the opportunity to visit and learn from existing community businesses.
The following is an indication of the range of grants available:
- Ideas stage – grants of between £1,000 and £10,000.
- Pre-venture stage – grants of between £1,000 and £15,000.
The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund is funded by Power to Change, the independent trust supporting community businesses in England, and delivered by Locality, the national network for community organisations
The deadline for Round 4 applications has been extended from 31 July to 14 August 2018.
For full details and how to apply visit the Bright Ideas Fund website: https://mycommunity.org.uk/funding-options/bright-ideas-fund/