DYCP opens for round 2
The second round of Developing your Creative Practice fund is now open.
There was strong competition for funds in round one so Cate Canniffe, the Director of Dance and London, has some advice for those applying this time round. Whether you’ve already made an unsuccessful application and want to reapply, or if this is your first time, you can find Cate’s top tips for making a successful DYCP application – here.
Applications are open to creative practitioners, or small groups of practitioners who usually collaborate in their work.
Developing your Creative Practice supports activity focused on these art forms and disciplines:
- Visual Arts
- Combined Arts
- Museums practice
Your creative development may work with these art forms in other contexts.
Examples might include:
- creative media and the wider creative industries (for example, film or audio, design or gaming);
- technology, including digital technology (for example, virtual reality or live-streaming);
- other non-arts organisations or settings (for example, residential-care providers, or a science organisation);
- other non-arts cultural forms or sectors (for example, health and wellbeing, social inclusion, heritage or sport).
The funder encourage this, as long as your activity also clearly focuses on one or more of the art forms and disciplines they can support. If you’re not sure whether your project is eligible, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0845 300 6200.
Activities can be up to one year in length. Some examples of things you can apply for are:
- building new networks for future development/presentation of work
- creating new work
- experimenting with new collaborators
- international travel to explore other practice or work with mentors
- professional development activities
- research and development time to explore practice and take risks
The deadline for round 2 applications is 12pm, 16 August 2018.
The grant will open for future applications, Round 3 will close 12pm, 14 November 2018. (Those who apply for two previous rounds may not re-apply.)
To find out more and apply click – here.