ESF Community Grants
Grants of £5,000 to £20,000 are available from ESF Community Grants for local initiatives that will move unemployed people in West Yorkshire towards employment, training or education.
Projects can run for up to 6 months and will support “underrepresented communities and individuals, especially those from deprived communities, to access employment, including self-employment, or further learning and training.”
What can be funded?
Activities can include:
- Engagement activities (for example, visits to colleges to raise awareness and increase familiarity with more formal settings).
- Activities to improve confidence, motivation and social integration (for example, sports, gardening, music).
- Development of local groups and networks to support people to get a job or access learning (for example job clubs).
- ‘Soft’ skills development (for example anger management, assertiveness or motivation).
- Innovative approaches to attract under-represented groups into learning.
European funding requirements
Before applying, read the guidance and consider the fund requirements carefully. European Social Fund projects are subject to a defined set of regulations that must be adhered to. This includes keeping detailed evidence of expenditure, activities and participants. If your group will struggle to complete the admin or meet strict monthly deadlines for monitoring then consider alternative funds.
Help and advice is available from the fund manager (Groundwork). They will provide guidance, templates and briefing meetings for new grantees.
Applications can be made at any time. The deadlines are to help you plan:
- 19 December 2019
- 19 March 2020
- 18 June 2020
- 17 September 2020