Funding to Enhance the Quality of Life for People in Need
The Edward Gostling Foundation provides funding to support its goal of ensuring that people living with a mental and/or physical disability or a long-term illness should have the same choices, quality of life opportunities and aspirations as others.
UK charities that have been registered for at least three years can apply for a grant as long as their application address at least one of the four themes of the Foundation:
- Health and wellbeing: to maintain, improve and advance the health and welfare of people living with disabilities and/or long-term illnesses.
- Independent living at home: to support people who wish to remain living in their own home for as long as is practically possible.
- Respite: either for the person living with a disability (or long-term illnesses) or the carer to access sports and leisure activities or simply enjoy fun, friendship and the opportunity to socialise and share with others who may be in a similar situation.
- Transition: to provide fundamental life skills and infrastructure necessary to allow people to reach their full potential in all areas of life and to become a valued member of their local community.
The Foundation now offers two levels of funding:
- Fast Track Small Grants of less than £5,000.
- Large Grants of more than £5,000.
Charities requesting over £10,000 may be visited as part of the Foundation’s due diligence.
While there is no restriction as to the size of the charitable organisation that can apply, priority will be given to small to medium size charities who are making a significant impact in their community and who may lack the time and resources to be able to focus on their fundraising.
Applications may be submitted at any time and are considered six times a year.
For full details and how to apply visit https://www.edwardgostlingfoundation.org.uk/