Funding to Support Local Armed Forces Communities in 2019
Grants of up to £20,000 are available for UK-based projects that respond to the local needs of the armed forces community and improve recognition of the Armed Forces Covenant.
Proposed projects must:
- Help integrate armed forces and civilian communities across the UK, and/or
- Deliver valuable local services to the armed forces community.
And should identify one of the following as their focus:
- Health and wellbeing.
- Education and employability.
- Events and commemorations.
Applications are invited from registered charities, community interest companies, local authorities, schools, and armed forces units with a UIN (Unit Identification Number). All organisations should:
- Have experience and a track record of working with the Armed Forces Community, as well as a real understanding of the issues facing the Armed Forces Community.
- Be able to provide evidence of real engagement and partnership working – with either an armed forces charity or an armed forces unit.
- Work closely with their Local Covenant Partnerships to ensure projects that are properly connected locally, respond to recognised need and do not duplicate other provisions.
Successful applications have the chance to benefit from the Covenant Fund’s Digital Development Programme.
Applications are assessed four times per year.
The fourth deadline for the Local Grants Programme is 17 December 2018 (12pm) – for decisions by the end of February 2019.