Grants to Support Events Celebrating National Vegetarian Week 2019
Both small grants of £200 and larger grants of £2,000 are available for community events and activities that:
- Take place in May 2019. National Vegetarian Week takes place from 13 to 19 May.
- Promote National Vegetarian Week exclusively as the primary purpose of the funded activity.
- Celebrate and promote delicious vegetarian food.
- Are exclusively vegetarian or vegan. (Events cannot have non-vegetarian food or drink).
- Attract those beginning their vegetarian journey, meat-reducers and the veggie-curious, but also inclusive of the wider vegetarian community.
Examples of events and activities, could include, but are not limited to cookery demonstrations, communal meals, recipe exchanges, and tasting sessions.
The grants could be used for food and ingredients, room hire, equipment hire, transport costs, cookery demonstration materials, public liability insurance, and direct costs in delivering the activity.
A range of not for profit organisations can apply.
There are three application deadlines in 2019.
The deadline for large grants is 3 March 2019 and 17 March/14 April for small grants.
Full details here.