Help the homeless fund
Grants from Help the Homeless are available to small and medium-sized Registers Charities. They fund capital costs of projects with grants of up to £5,000.
Grants are awarded with the aim of helping homeless people return to the community and enabling them to resume a normal life.
- Your organisation must be a registered UK charity with the Charity Commission in England, Wales or Northern Ireland or a registered Scottish Charity.
- Grants may help only small and medium-sized charities with an annual turnover of under £1m. and with ‘unrestricted reserves’ of under six months annual running costs based on their latest published annual accounts. Note: we do not consider any ‘tangible fixed assets’ as unrestricted reserves.
- The funder can accept applications only towards the funding of ‘capital’ projects. They are unable to accept applications towards running/core costs. Note: are unable to consider requests for computers and IT equipment.
- All applications must relate to projects that assist individuals in their return to mainstream society, rather than simply offering shelter or other forms of sustenance.
- There should be a minimum period of two years between the receipt of a decision or receiving a grant from us and making a further application.
All applicants must fully complete the official application form which should be downloaded from the funder website here.
Applicants should clearly describe the aims and structure of their organisation, their future plans and specific details of how any grant will be spent. A copy of the latest available audited accounts is also required.
The quarterly deadlines for applications for funding each year are: 15th March / 15th June/ 15th September/ 15th December. You will be informed of the trustees’ decision within six weeks of each deadline.