Interest-free loans from Co-op Foundation for community spaces
The Co-op Foundation is offering interest-free loans of up to £50,000 towards viable business ideas that will improve community spaces and benefit the whole community – particularly those facing greater challenges.
Loans are repayable but can be interest-free for up to five years. There are no repayments for the first year, while your trading activities are developing.
“If you are based in a more deprived area, or your work mainly benefits more disadvantaged members of the community, we might also be able to offer some grant funding alongside a loan.”
Is this funding right for you?
- Your organisation must be run for the benefit of the community and not for private profit.
- Your organisation must own or manage a building or outdoor space that is used for a wide range of community activities.
- A wide range of local people must be involved in your work.
- Trading activities must be realistic and increase long-term income.
- This is loan funding so it must be repaid – is this practical for your organisation?
Complete the expression of interest form.