Jean Sainsbury Animal Welfare Trust
Supports animal welfare charities for projects or activities in the UK that benefit and protect animals, relieve the suffering of animals, address the conservation of wildlife or encourage a greater understanding of animals.
The Trust aims to support UK registered charities by making donations toward the following:
- General running costs associated with the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing or release of domestic, wild and exotic animals.
- Costs associated with the direct protection of endangered species.
- Feeding, capture, neutering and release of feral cats.
- Assistance with vets’ fees and neutering costs of animals owned by those on low incomes.
- Donations towards capital purchases involving land, buildings, vehicles, equipment and educational material. The Trustees may pledge funds towards large capital building projects, which will only be released when all other funding is in place and the work is ready to commence. The maximum pledge we will give is £35k.
The deadlines for receipt of applications are: 15th January (for spring meeting) 1st May (for our summer meeting) 1st September (for our winter meeting).
If you wish to apply for a donation from the Trust would you please carefully check the list of policy guidelines to make sure that your organisation fits our criteria for consideration.
If your organisation appears to meet our criteria, please follow the instructions below:
Email the relevant Application Form to us together with the following
With the email attach your most recent audited or independently examined accounts. Please apply to us at the time closest to your newest accounts having just been signed and confirmed by your independent examiner.
Also with the email attach a newsletter or similar giving us info on the work of your charity.
New Applicants Questionnaire – Click here if you have not received a previous donation from us
Past Applicants Questionnaire – Click here if you have received a previous donation from us
Please do not send originals as these cannot be returned to you.
If you are unable to complete an online application form please print the relevant form below, complete it, scan a copy and email it to us together with the papers requested.
What Happens Next?
On receipt of your completed application, the Administrator will process your papers for circulation to the Trustees for consideration. Please be aware that the Trust receives a large number of applications for its limited funds.