Level 2 Award in Food Safety
The In-house or CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety (formerly called ´basic food hygiene´) will ensure that your food handlers meet the training requirements of the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995 and are fully conversant with the practical procedures and methods of applying food hygiene in the workplace.
- Introduction to food safety
- Basic Microbiology
- Food Poisoning and Foodborne Disease
- Contamination and the Prevention of Food Poisoning
- Purchase to Service
- Food Safety Management Systems (HACCP)
- Personal hygiene
- Design and Construction of premises
- Food Pests
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Safe food storage
Course Duration & Assessment
The course is of 5 hours duration is followed by a thirty question multi-choice examination paper, which may be conducted orally.
Successful candidates will be awarded an in-house or CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Places must be booked
To book your free place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01709 368515