Local Charities Still Have Time to Apply for a Magic Little Grant
Localgiving and the Postcode Community Trust have joined together to offer grants of £500 for small charities and community groups across Great Britain to run projects that encourage people to take part in physical activity.
The aim of the fund is to engage with organisations that are supporting hard to reach individuals, encouraging them to take part in some form of physical activity to help improve their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
To access a grant, applicants must:
• Be eligible to join Localgiving by
- Having charitable aims that are not solely for the advancement of religion.
- Operating on local/regional community initiatives and not be a national charity.
- Having a UK bank account in the group’s name.
• Have an annual income under £50,000. Priority will be given to organisations with an annual income of under £20,000.
• Be running physical engagement project – encouraging individuals to take part in some form of physical activity to help improve their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
The funding is for projects that meet either of the following themes:
• Overcoming barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways.
• Increasing social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities.
Grants can be used to support the general running costs of new and existing sports and physical activities. For example, this could include: facilities hire, kit & equipment, coaching qualifications, other volunteer expenses etc.
Applications which will predominantly cover the costs of one-off events or trips must provide details of how they intend to deliver a longer-term impact.
As part of the grant, recipients will also be awarded 12 months membership with Localgiving to support them with fundraising online throughout the year.
Applications will be accepted at any time until 31 October 2018.
For more information and to apply click – here.