Macmillan Advocacy Service
Citizens Advice Rotherham & District and Macmillan Cancer Support are working together to improve the lives of people affected by cancer in Rotherham. A brand new Advocacy Service delivered by Citizens Advice will launch in the Autumn giving people diagnosed with cancer one to one advocacy support enabling them to live with and beyond their cancer.
We are recruiting a team of volunteer advocates who will provide one to one support to people affected by cancer by:
- Listening to their concerns and worries
- Helping them to find the services that can help them
- Supporting and encouraging them to use those services
- Helping them get the information they need in order to make decisions
- Helping them make choices and speaking alongside them
- Being there for them throughout their cancer journey
Advocates are part of the Citizens Advice Rotherham team and will receive training from both Citizens Advice and Macmillan to support them in their role.
The service will be open to anyone affected by cancer in Rotherham, therefore, we aim to recruit volunteer advocates from a wide range of backgrounds and experience. For more information, get in touch with
Macmillan Advocacy Service Manager, Citizens Advice Rotherham & District, The RAIN Building, Eastwood Lane, Rotherham S65 1EQ
Tel: 01709 515680 ext 171