Magic Little Grants
Localgiving’s Magic Little Grants scheme is offering £500 grants for small community groups in the UK to run projects that encourage people to take part in physical activity. Eligible groups can also get one year’s free membership of Localgiving to enable them to fundraise online.
“The fund is open to organisations with an annual income of under £50,000, however priority will be given to organisations with an annual income of under £20,000 or who are in their first year of operation and are engaging with hard to reach groups in society and those that struggle to take part in physical activity.”
To be eligible for a grant and Localgiving membership, organisations must:
• Work in a local or regional area and not be a national charity.
• Have an annual income of under £50,000.
• Have a UK bank account in the name of the group.
• Have charitable aims that are not solely for the advancement of religion.
Projects need to meet either of the following themes:
• Overcoming barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways.
• Increasing social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities.
Application deadline: 31 October 2018.
Groups that already have a Localgiving account can log in and click the “Magic Little Grant” button on the dashboard to apply.