Masonic Charitable Foundation Invites Applications to Later Life Inclusion Grants Programme
This funding programme offers both large and small grants to help people who face social isolation or loneliness for reasons such as financial hardship, care responsibilities, a decline in physical or mental health, or life transitions including retirement or bereavement. The support will help to provide a range of services to support the physical and emotional needs of people as they age, including community-based programmes and access to healthcare, transport and technology.
Depending on their annual income level, registered charities can apply for either:
- Small grants of between £500 and £15,000 for smaller charities with an income of less than £50,000 to support general running and/or overhead costs of the charity – core funding.
- Large grants start from £10,000, with the average grant ranging from £20,000 to £80,000 for charities with an annual income of more than £500,000. Occasionally, large grants of up to £200,000 are made for outstanding projects. Large grants are for projects and can be used for salary costs, activities, materials, etc.
All grants can be over one, two, or three years. Grant amounts should not exceed 15% of the total income of the applicant charity. Charities can only apply for one grant programme at a time.
To be eligible, charities must provide:
- Mental and physical health support.
- Gateway and access to service, such as transport and technology.
- Community based approaches, such as volunteering, positive ageing and neighbourhood support.
- Advocacy, social and welfare support.
The funding is intended for charities that provide activities such as:
- Support for emotional and psychological planning for later life.
- Digital inclusion sessions to enable older people to access services.
- Activities and clubs enabling older people to remain active and make friends.
- Providing companionship and befriending schemes for periods of transition.
- Advice and information on options for those with health conditions.
- Carers and respite support.
There are two different deadlines:
- 2 January 2019 for large grants applications (first stage).
- 25 January 2019 for small grants applications.
Visit the website for full details: https://mcf.org.uk/charity-grants/