National Churches Trust grants programmes 2019 to 2023
The National Churches Trust has changed its grant programmes in line with a new strategy for 2019 to 2023.
There are three new grant programmes “Foundation”, “Gateway” and “Cornerstone”.
- 50% of funds must have already been raised before you apply.
- Applicants must be a Christian denomination, with a building constructed as a place of worship (more than 30 years ago) and open for regular worship use, located in the UK.
- Work must not have started at the point the application is submitted.
- Work must be to the church building or an attached hall.
Applicants must demonstrate how they meet outcomes in the new strategy:
- Preserving heritage
- Promoting sustainability
- Inspiring support
- Grants of £500 to £3,000
- Eligible work: Maintenance works; items identified as required within a Quinquennial Inspection Report/survey reports/other sort of report; small investigative works/surveys.
- Projects should cost up to £10,000.
Foundation grants is open for applications. The first deadline is 24 January 2019.
- Grants of £3,000 to £10,000
- Eligible work: Project development work up to RIBA stage 1; strategic or capacity building projects at regional churches trusts.
Gateway grants is open for applications. The first deadline is 10 January 2019.
- Grants of £10,000 to £50,000
- Eligible work: Structural repairs/maintenance issues costed over £100,000; installation of kitchen and toilets over £30,000.
Cornerstone grants is open for applications. The next deadlines are 4 March 2019 and 1 July 2019.