National Lottery Community Fund research for Climate Action Fund
The National Lottery Community Fund’s Climate Action Fund is in development and would like to hear from “community-led and place-based partnerships who believe they are already working on high impact climate action activities and are able to drive real change in their local community.”
This fund is not open for applications. Responding to the research questions is not an application for funding but an opportunity to contribute to the funder’s understanding of what is already happening in communities.
When can we apply?
Not yet! “Applications will open in Autumn 2019.”
What can be funded?
The fund is in development. So far, the funder has announced that the Climate Action Fund will support communities in the UK to take local action on climate change. It will support community-led, local partnerships that will drive change not only within but also beyond their community, to:
- Reduce their carbon footprint sustainably.
- Increase participation in community-led climate action.
- “We will only give between 10 to 15 awards in the first instance.
- Successful applicants will already have plans or impactful activities they want to develop, which they should be able to explain in their initial contact with us.
- Successful applicants will be expected to fully participate in our ambition to share learning and engage others to build broader movement of change.
- We will use learning from the first round of funding to help shape what happens next, and we will test and learn throughout the programme.”