Places Available – safeTALK Training Jan 2020
AIM: To teach participants four basic steps to recognise if someone is having thoughts of suicide and how to connect them with resources that can help
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise those who may be at risk of suicide
- Ask individuals clearly and openly about their thoughts of suicide
- Connect individuals at risk to local sources of help
Most people with thoughts of suicide invite help. Often these opportunities are missed, ignored or avoided – leaving people more alone and at greater risk.
SafeTALK training prepares you to help by using TALK (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe) to recognise and talk to people with thoughts of suicide and to connect them with further help.
This three- hour course is suitable for anyone who may come into contact with individuals at risk of suicide, either at work or in their personal life. It is not suitable for those who have recently been bereaved by suicide.
The training is free to attend and participants only need to attend one session, lunch will be provided at the end of the session:
- 30th January 2020 9.30am to 12.45pm at Civic Building Swinton, Station Street, Swinton, Mexborough, S64 8PZ.
- 31st January 2020 9.30am to 12.45pm Kilnhurst Working Mens Club, Victoria Street, Rawmarsh, Rotherham, S64 5SQ.
Places are limited. To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 01709 255903.