Public Health England’s HIV Innovation Fund 2018-19
Public Health England is offering grants of £25,000 to £100,000 for charitable and voluntary sector organisations through the HIV Innovation Fund.
Public Health England is looking for innovative proposals that address HIV prevention in communities at increased risk of HIV, in particular those that:
- “Promote third-sector led support for combination prevention and harm reduction throughout the continuum of care.
- Promote the prompt diagnosis, especially through frequent testing, of both HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Address stigma associated with HIV.
- Address the wider determinants of high risk sexual behaviour such as mental health and drug and alcohol misuse.
- Support the integration of HIV prevention into health promotion and service delivery in other health areas (e.g. integration into sexual and reproductive health services, primary care pregnancy planning and ante-natal care).
- Support increased knowledge, awareness and understanding of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV as a prevention stratagem, especially in currently underserved populations (e.g. higher-risk heterosexuals, women, black and other ethnic minorities, men who have sex with men and transsexual communities).”
“Proposals will be accepted from voluntary sector organisations to deliver projects of up to 12 months’ duration, that explore new ways to address high risk behaviours in those communities most affected by HIV. All projects must have measurable outcomes and the potential to be replicated and scaled by others.”
“In order to ensure that your project aligns with local or national priorities it is required that you get endorsement from a Local Authority team responsible for HIV prevention (public health/commissioning).”
To register interest, send an email with your name, email address and organisation name to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August. You will be informed about the application process webinar.
The deadline for applications is 4 September 2018 (midnight).