Reaching Communities master class
Reaching Communities is a major funding source for groups from the Big Lottery Fund.
This training is useful if you are thinking about applying to this fund and want to find out about the application process and how to maximise your chances of success.
The Reaching Communities programme is interested in supporting organisations that are:
• people led – meaningfully involving the people you’re working with in the development and delivery of your activity
• strengths based – making the most of the skills that already exist in communities
• connected – understanding what other relevant organisations are doing and developing good working relationships.
The session will help you understand the programme and shape your application.
The programme offers multi-year grants of above £10,000. Voluntary and community organisations, schools, statutory bodies (including local authorities, health bodies, town, parish or community councils), and not-for-profit social enterprises are eligible to apply.
One of the Big Lottery Fund’s Funding Officers for South Yorkshire will be attending part of the session, to explain how they look at the fit applications have with the needs of an area and other local activities.
This session will help you:
• Be clear what organisations and projects can be funded
• Learn how the application process has changed, and why
• Understand how applications are assessed
• Learn the common reasons for rejection
• Identify the benefits your project will deliver
• Decide how to consult beneficiaries about the plans and their implementation
• Properly cost out your budget.
This session is aimed at those planning to apply or currently completing an application to this Big Lottery Fund scheme.
Date: Tuesday 12th February 2019
Venue: SYCF, Riverside Works, Jessop Riverside, 800 Brightside Lane, Sheffield, S9 2RX
Time: 9.30 – 2.30
Level: Intermediate to advanced
Cost: £80.00 per person (includes lunch)
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £160.00 per person