RMBC Building Stronger Communities Small Grants
The Rotherham Plan was launched in March 2017 and sets out the most important things that the Rotherham Together Partnership will do over the next few years to help improve the borough as a place, and make life better for local people. One of the big projects, or “game changers” set out in the Rotherham Plan is “Building Stronger Communities”.
Building on Rotherham’s community spirit and friendliness, Rotherham Borough Council has allocated a small funding pot for grants up to £500. This small grants programme is aimed at community groups that can demonstrate and promote good community relations, bring people and neighbourhoods together, e.g. different areas, backgrounds, ages, ethnic groups and help to build stronger communities across the borough.
Grants of up to £500 are available for faith, voluntary and community groups operating in Rotherham. Two or more groups working together can apply for up to £1,000. We are particularly interested in how you would bring together different communities and neighbourhoods in the borough.
We seek to fund:
- Collaborative and partnership working
- Practical activities and events that have a high visibility impact
- Intercultural, intergenerational events or linking different areas of Rotherham together
Please confirm that your group organisation meets the following criteria to qualify for a grant:
- Be a faith, voluntary or community group (not a statutory organisation)
- Have your own constitution and/or governing document
- Have your own bank account in the name of the organisation/group with a Minimum of 2 signatories
- Be willing to keep accounts of how you spend the grant and provide a related report
- Have relevant insurance in place (if applicable)
- Can deliver the activity or service by 30th April 2019
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of these, you are eligible to apply please see relevant application form below.
If you have a good idea and not sure your group qualifies / want to discuss with someone, please give Shafiq Hussain at Voluntary Action Rotherham a call on 01709 834458 or email@example.com
The deadline for Round 3 applications is: 12 noon, Friday 30th November 2018
APPLICATION FROM for groups with an income under £10,000
APPLICATION FORM for groups with an income over £10,000
Voluntary Action Rotherham is administering the programme on behalf of Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.