Sport England Small Grants – a new approach
Could you help people in your community become more physically active? Would a grant of between £300 and £10,000 help make your ideas happen?
Grants are available to help everyone to take part in physical activity whether this is formal sport or informal activity aiming to help people not usually ‘sporting’ to lead more active lifestyles.
You can now also apply for funding for projects that work with children from the age of 5. They are interested in active play – ‘kids just being kids’ and whole family involvement.
The funder aims are:
- Getting inactive people to become more active
- Developing lasting sporting habits
- Develop more positive attitudes among young people
The grant can pay for:
- New or additional equipment
- Kit for new teams or teams that haven’t had any before
- Fixed term or sessional staff and/or coaching costs
- Training or coach development costs
- Venue hire
- Volunteer costs or expenses
Decisions will take about eight weeks.
Full details are available here.