Sport England small grants application process has been simplified
Grants of £300 to £10,000 are available from Sport England’s small grants programme for not-for-profit organisations to help more people get active. Projects must involve adults and young people aged 14 or over and meet one or more of the aims in Sport England’s “Towards an Active Nation” strategy. The strategy aims are:
- Get inactive people to become more active.
- Develop lasting sporting habits.
- Engender more positive attitudes among young people.
- Develop more diverse volunteers.
- Improve progression and inclusion among the most talented.
- Projects working with mixed age groups may still be considered if there is a focus on people aged 14 and over.
What has changed?
News from the funder:
“The application form should now be easier to complete and we have relaxed a few rules about what we cannot fund. The focus of your application should be what difference your project will make, not what you purchase to make it happen.
“For example, it will no longer matter if your project takes more than 12 months to deliver and you can spread your funding over three years, if required. We will also be happy to contribute our funding to bigger projects.” Please read the new guidance notes.
“We’ll also be doing more to support organisations who traditionally do not seek funding from us but who are able to support inactive people become active.”
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0345 850 8508. The helpline is now open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.