Summer Playschemes Grants 2019
The Woodward Charitable Trust‘s grant programme for children’s summer playschemes is open for applications.
Registered charities with an annual income under £100,000 can apply for £500 to £1,000. Around 35 grants are made each year.
What can be funded?
Playschemes for children aged 5 to 16 that run for at least 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays.
Trips can be funded if they are “educational and motivational”.
Preference is given to:
- “small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- schemes that involve a large number of children
- schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race
- schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers”
The deadline for applications is 5 April 2019.
Telephone Karin Hooper on 020 7410 0330.