The 2019 Greening Grey Britiain fund
The 2019 Greening Grey Britain applications are now open for schools, youth groups and community gardeners to apply. Closing date for applications is 28 February 2019.
The fund is looking for intergenerational partnership projects between community organisations and schools/youth groups, who want to work together to transform an unloved space to benefit the local community and environment
This year the fund would like applicants to show how their transformation project would fit in with one or more of the following themes:
- Grow for People: create a garden to help promote better health and wellbeing
- Grow for the Planet: create a garden that will help to address local environmental issues
- Grow for Wildlife: create a space for wildlife to boost local biodiversity
To enter Groups must either:
- take part in Britain in Bloom (at a regional or national level) or It’s Your Neighbourhood,
- be registered as an RHS Affiliated Society
- or be involved with the RHS Campaign for School Gardening.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- Up to £500 worth of materials
- Hands-on support from an experienced RHS Community Outreach Advisor
For more information, and to apply, please visit the Royal Horticultural Society website.