|The Transforming Places Through Heritage programme from the Architectural Heritage Fund will fund projects that contribute to the transformation of high streets and town centres in England.|
“We will provide funding and expert help to charities and social enterprises developing projects with the potential to bring new life to high streets by creating alternative uses for redundant or underused historic buildings in town centres.”
Can we apply?
You can apply if:
- “Your project involves a heritage building located in a high street or town centre in England, and:
- This location is the focus of a wider strategy or initiative which aims to revitalise the high street or town centre – a place-based initiative, and:
- You are a not-for-private-profit organisation.”
What help is available?
At least 100 individual projects will be supported by the programme.
- Project viability grants of up to £15,000. Can fund 100% of the cost of work involved.
- Project development grants of up to £100,000. Can fund up to 90% of the cost of work involved.
- Crowdfunding challenge grants of up to £25,000. Match the amount raised from a crowdfunding campaign pound for pound, so that you could achieve £50,000 in total.
- Community shares booster grants development grants up to £10,000 to develop community share offers, and equity investments up to £50,000 to match the amount raised in community shares investment.
- Transformational project grants of up to £350,000 for the repair, restoration and adaptation of a building to bring it into use, up to 80% of the cost of work involved. Transformational project grants will be limited to 10 to 15 in total over the programme from 2019 to 2023.
You can only apply for one grant at a time. When funded work has been completed you may apply for further grants.
Read the programme guide.
“Please complete the online enquiry form to establish your eligibility. We will then get in touch to discuss your project. You can then complete a draft application, and once we have seen and commented on that, you can complete and submit our formal application form.”
- For grants under £15,000 the next deadline is 30 August 2019.
- For grants over £15,000 the next deadline is 21 October 2019.
- For transformational project grants of up to £350,000 the first deadline is 30 September 2019. A second round will be announced in 2020.
Email email@example.com or telephone 020 7925 0199.