UK Coaching Safeguarding And Protecting Children Workshop
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
This workshop is a ‘Minimum Standards for Active Coaches’ requirement for many governing bodies of sport*. The ‘Minimum Standards for Active Coaches’ are seen as the basic standards every coach needs to meet to carry out their role safely and effectively.
You will be able to:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
All participants must be aged 16 years or older on the date of the course.
Participants aged between 16 and 18 years old should be chaperoned by a responsible adult, and must contact Yorkshire Sport Foundation in advance of booking to confirm that they can be accepted on the course.
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 (18:00 – 21:00)
- Location: English Institute Of Sport, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 5DA
To find out more and book a place visit https://yorkshire.sportsuite.co.uk/events/2019/06/uk-coaching-safeguarding-and-protecting-children29