Veolia Environmental Trust Accepting Applications for Projects Starting in 2019
Veolia Environmental Trust offers grants of between £10,000 and £75,000 for capital improvement projects at a single site with discrete start and end dates. Match funding of at least 20% is required, and applicants requesting grants of £40,000 or more require a Third Party Contribution.
Projects should fall under one of the following categories:
- Community buildings and rooms, including community centres, village halls, community spaces within religious buildings, and Scout or Girl Guiding buildings.
- Outdoor Spaces, including public parks, nature reserves, community gardens, footpaths, bridleways and cycle-paths.
- Play and recreation, including play areas, skateparks, Multi Use Games Areas, sports grounds, pavilions and changing rooms.
To be eligible, projects must:
- Be open to the wider general public for at least 104 days a year without any limit or unreasonable restrictions of use.
- Have a total cost of under £250,000, including VAT and professional costs.
- Have already secured at least 20% of the total cost.
- Have secured all permissions (eg, planning).
- Be completed within 12 months.
Constituted not-for-profit organisations can apply as long as their project is located within five miles of a Veolia Environmental Services facility. This could be a landfill site, Energy Recovery Facility or Materials Recycling Facility.
There is no deadline for starting the process of applying for a grant; however, each funding application phase for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 is made available quarterly following the end of the previous phase.
The next phases for Stage 1 applications are:
- Between 1 June 2018 and 30 August 2018 for projects taking place between 7 January 2019 and 25 March 2019.
- Between 31 August 2018 and 10 January 2019 for projects taking place between 26 March 2019 and 18 June 2010.
For full details and how to apply visit the website here.