Volunteer fundraisers sought to kick-start new group
The Rotherham Hospital and Community Charity is appealing for volunteers with a flair for inspiring others to join a brand new fundraising group.
Generous colleagues from The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, volunteers and community fundraisers have been supporting the charity for more than 20 years – and we need your help now more than ever!
All the funds raised by the group will enable the charity to continue to invest in equipment, resources and projects which benefit patients and families cared for in the community and at Rotherham Hospital.
Mike Smith, Chair of the Charitable Funds Committee, said: “We’re incredibly grateful to everyone who generously donates money or volunteers their time to fundraise for the charity. But we want to make it official by inviting people to join our new Charity Fundraising Group.
“Our ambition is to raise more money than ever before to enable the charity to invest in projects which benefit patients of all ages and those who are dealing with a range of health conditions. Our new members will be instrumental in helping us to achieve this and we are really looking forward to getting started.
“Whether you are a Trust colleague, a member of the public, a charity champion for your business in Rotherham or a representative of your local community group – we’d love for you to get involved.
The group will support the charity by:
- Raising funds by organising collections, fundraising activities and events
- Creating resources, such as hand-made crafts and raffle prizes
- Raising awareness about the charity and its on-going campaigns – the Dr Ted children’s appeal and the Purple Butterfly Appeal, which supports end of life care
- Being a voice for the people of Rotherham
- Supporting official charity events, such as the Christmas Fair
- Developing links with members of the community and businesses in Rotherham
Members of the group will be regularly involved in activities, meeting once a month at Rotherham Hospital.
The charity is looking for volunteers who are confident at communicating with members of the public, have good organisational skills, have a proactive and enthusiastic personality and who can commit a few hours every month to supporting the charity.
Mr Smith added: “We are incredibly excited about bringing the community together to share in our charity’s fundraising campaigns and activities.
“By joining the group, you’ll be using your local knowledge to optimise fundraising opportunities while inspiring your community to support the charity and its ambitious plans for the future. There may also be opportunities to take on lead roles within the group too. We hope it will be a rewarding role where members feel they are helping the charity to do more for our patients.”
Anyone interested in joining the charity’s fundraising group are invited to attend three drop in sessions where visitors can meet the charity team and discuss the volunteer role further. The sessions will take place on:
- Wednesday 6 November 2019, Community Corner, Rotherham Hospital, from 11.30am to 1pm.
- Thursday 7 November 2019, in the PGME Foyer at Rotherham Hospital, from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- Thursday 14 November 2019, Community Corner, Rotherham Hospital, from 4.30pm to 6pm.
For more information about Charity Fundraising Group or the drop-in sessions please contact Suzanne Rutter, Charity Engagement and Development Manager, on 01709 426821 or email email@example.com.