Woodroffe Benton Foundation
One off small grants for core costs are available to registered charities in the range of £500 to £2500.
The Foundation provides grants to officially recognised charitable organisations within the United Kingdom only in respect of:
- Relief of persons in need, hardship or distress by reason of disaster or as a consequence of social or economic circumstance.
Provision/Maintenance of care and accommodation for the sick and elderly.
- Promotion of education – in particular within the Derbyshire region.
- Conservation/Preservation/Protection/Improvement – in particular where this would encourage the provision of access by members of the general public.
- Human physical well-being – but applicants should note that funding in this area is proactive and the trustees will not make grants in response to unsolicited applications
Within these categories, the trustees do not usually make grants for:
- Organisations without a Charity Commission registration.
Organisations that have been operating for less than 24 months and therefore do not have at least one full set of Accounts.
- Organisations that operate primarily outside the UK or for the benefit of non-UK residents.
- Places of worship seeking funds for restoration or upgrade of facilities.
- Museums, historical or heritage organisations.
- Funding of palliative care.
- Animal welfare organisations whose primary purpose is not conservation of the environment except for those that help the survival of wild species in the UK.
- Students requesting a grant for tertiary education or a gap year.
Educational organisations based outside the Derbyshire region – although the trustees may choose to do so.
- Bodies affiliated to or a local “branch” of a national organisation, unless they have a separate charitable number and receive no financial support from the national charity. Applicants will be asked to make a declaration confirming this when they complete our on-line application form.
Applications are considered at the trustees’ quarterly meetings in January, April, July and October. The deadline for applications is normally six weeks prior to the meeting and applications that are received after the deadline are automatically held over for consideration at the subsequent one.
For more information and to apply visit the funders website here.
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com