End oF Life Care Workshops
Directions at RMBC have now confirmed dates for the next set of EOLC Workshops all taking place at Rotherham Hospice.
- 13th September 2018 – Workshop 1
- 27th September 2018 – Workshop 2
- 11th October 2018 – Workshop 3
- 25th October 2018 – Workshop 4
- 1st November 2018 – Workshop 5
- 8th November 2018 – Workshop 6
Time 10am till 12pm
Further information can also be found below –
A lot of detailed work has taken place to map the End of Life Care Core Skills Education and Training Framework with the content of these first 6 training events. They cover the core knowledge and skills required by Social Care Providers to deliver excellent standards of end of life care. The 6 workshops detailed below are relevant to all staff who require knowledge of how to provide person-centred, high quality care, ‘it is anticipated these staff often encounter individuals who need such support within their work environment’.
The Framework details training at Tier 1, 2 and 3, these 6 workshops cover the key requirements for staff at Tier 2. This is the majority of the Adult Social Care Workforce who sometimes support individuals approaching end of life and includes Residential and Nursing homes, Domiciliary Care Providers, Learning Disability Service Providers etc. Tier 3 Workshops will be developed later next year for staff who require an in depth knowledge and whose primary role is to support people at the end of life. These will be targeted at Residential/Nursing Home Managers, Palliative Care Services, EOLC Leads.
Workshop 1 – Person Centred End of life Care
- Person centred care re- visited
- What is End of life care?
- What is palliative care
- Recognising when someone is dying
Workshop 2 – Communication Skills in End of life Care
- To develop skills in talking about death and dying
- To develop your ability to actively listen to others
- Communicating with other health care professionals
Workshop 3 – Symptom Management
- To identify some common symptoms associated with palliative and End of life care patients
- To think about strategies we can use to support the ill person and promote quality of life
Workshop 4 – Managing Dying
- Caring for the person in the last few days of life
- Care after death
- Caring for self
Workshop 5 – Grief, Loss and Bereavement
- What do we understand by the term “bereavement”?
- To understand the feelings associated with bereavement
- How do we support the bereaved
Workshop 6 – Understanding Dementia and EOLC
- What is it and how does it progress?
- Symptoms associated with advancing dementia
- How do we support the person at the End of Life with Dementia?
External delegates please email Directions@rotherham.gov.uk