Terms and Conditions
Upon visiting our website you are required to accept the terms and conditions listed below in return for receiving information about our organisation, services and any other information supplied.
Conditions of Use
No liability is accepted for third-party websites linked to or from or accessible through www.varotherham.org.uk, nor do we approve or endorse the contents of any such site.
Some of the pages on this site include material provided by third parties. This includes most of the material that is posted on the ‘Jobs’, ‘News’ and ‘Events’ section of the site. Advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other materials which they submit to Voluntary Action Rotherham (VAR), and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. VAR accepts no responsibility for the content of material posted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
Information supplied in our web pages has been prepared with care and is accurate to the best of our knowledge, this information being honest, decent and legal from the date of creation. You agree that information or material accessed or downloaded through our web pages is for your personal or private use only and is done so entirely at your own risk. You accept responsibility for any damage to hardware or software or for any data loss even if we are aware of the possibilities that such loss or damage may occur.
Information supplied on our web pages is for guidance only and does not in any part form a contract, and may be subject to change without notice. Reasonable effort is made to ensure we provide accurate and current information on our web pages. We are not liable for any incidental, consequential, cumulative, direct or indirect losses or damages from the use or misuse or inability to use such information, including omissions and misrepresentations and any errors on our web pages.
The entire contents of www.varotherham.org.uk are copyright with all rights reserved and remain our property.
You may download or print selections of this web site if only used for your personal information and not for reproduction or commercial use. Except where stated the text, graphics and information of the web site are the copyright of VAR. Copying and storage of this web site for permanent use or incorporation and reproduction whether for new media or paper use is strictly prohibited. You agree to indemnify VAR against any claim, loss or damage suffered by VAR as a result of your unauthorised or prohibited use of the website, or any information contained on it.
In the event of a dispute arising from the use or contents of www.varotherham.org.uk, we VAR and you the user, agree to exclusively accept the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on www.varotherham.org.uk please let VAR know by calling 01709 829821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can send a letter to Voluntary Action Rotherham, The Spectrum, Coke Hill, Rotherham S60 2HX.
VAR (Voluntary Action Rotherham company number 2222190) whose registered office is The Spectrum, Coke Hill, Rotherham, South Yorkshire S60 2HX (the Supplier) on behalf of Spectrum Futures.
All bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Invoices for room hire will be issued after the event unless requested in advance. Invoices for repeat bookings will be issued monthly unless specific arrangements have been made by the hirer with the VAR Finance Department. Payment to be received by VAR within 14 days.
2. The Hirer shall, when making the booking, inform VAR staff of all their requirements for rooms, facilities and equipment and the likely numbers involved. Use of additional rooms, facilities or equipment during the period of hire (that were not booked prior to the event), will depend on availability at the discretion of VAR and may incur additional cost. Changes to the booking may be requested after the booking has been made by contacting VAR directly on 01709 829821 or by emailing email@example.com. Subsequent changes will incur an administration fee.
3. Bookings are available for a minimum of 1 hour in multiples of 1 hour starting on the hour. Part hours booked are charged at full hourly rate (e.g. 1.5 hours will be charge at 2 hours). VAR reception is open between 9 and 4.30 during weekdays. Access to The Spectrum is available from 8.00 (by prior arrangement) and staff will normally be on the premises until 5.30. VAR can accommodate evening and weekend bookings by arrangement but these will be subject to an additional charge.
4. There will be no charge for cancellations made prior to 10 working days before the event, unless the hirer has previously requested an invoice. Cancellations made between 10 and 5 working days of the event will be charged at 25% of the full rate. Under 5 days’ notice will be charged at 50%. Cancellations of 24 hours (or less) notice will be charged in full.
Cancellation notice periods and charge to hirer:
More than 10 working days: No charge
Between 10 and 5 working days: 25% fee charged
Under 5 working days: 50% fee charged
24 hours or less: Full fee charged plus any catering costs incurred by VAR.
If the hirer has ordered a buffet through VAR, 24 hours’ notice will be required to cancel it. Otherwise the hirer will be charged for costs incurred by VAR. VAR will try to accommodate calendar changes of existing bookings where possible without invoking the cancellations policy.
5. We reserve the right to levy a cleaning charge if rooms require additional cleaning beyond reasonable expectations of use. No tacks, screw, pins or similar objects can be used to attach objects to the wall in any meeting room. Hirers will be liable for any damage to VAR equipment arising from misuse.
6. It is the hirer's responsibility to ensure that visitors are fully aware of the location of fire extinguishers and exit routes and also comply with the house keeping guidelines located with the meeting rooms. Visitors will be required to sign-in on entering The Spectrum.
7. There is no visitor parking at VAR. Cars that are left in the VAR car park, by prior arrangement, are left at the owners risk and VAR cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles or belongings. Disabled parking is available adjacent to the entrance but needs to be booked in advance.
8. Should VAR need to cancel bookings due to unforeseen circumstances at short notice, it will endeavour to provide an alternative suitable venue.