Innovate UK Announces ‘The Road to Zero Emission Vehicles’ – R&D, Large R&D & Feasibility Studies Competitions
The fifteenth Innovate UK (IUK) Integrated Delivery Programme (IDP 15) is providing funding for organisations to undertake innovation projects that will speed-up the transition to zero emission road transportation in the UK.
The government’s ambition is that all new cars and vans are effectively zero emission by 2040. Progress has been made over recent years to significantly reduce tailpipe emissions from diesel and gasoline engines and this is expected to continue. Government support through the IDP 15 competitions is focused on zero emissions and accelerating the uptake of zero emission vehicles.
There are three separate competitions which make up the IDP 15 offering:
- The Feasibility Studies Competition provides £2 million to fund feasibility study projects. Total project costs should be up to £250,000.
- The R&D Competition will invest up to £16 million to fund smaller collaborative R&D innovation projects. Total project costs should be between £250,000 and £4 million.
- The Large R&D Competition will invest up to £4 million to support one high value, exceptional large project, focused on industrial research and experimental development. The total project costs can be any amount with a total grant cost up to £4 million.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be a UK based business, academic organisation, charity, public sector organisation or research and technology organisation (RTO). All projects must be a collaboration between at least two grant claiming partners. The lead must be a UK business of any size.
All three competitions are now open with a deadline for applications to be received of midday on Thursday 6 December 2018.
For more information about each fund and how to apply, click on the following links:
- IDP 15: the road to zero emission vehicles, feasibility studies
- IDP 15: the road to zero emission vehicles, R&D
- IDP 15: the road to zero emission vehicles, large R&D
Send your question or query to email: firstname.lastname@example.org