Voluntary Action Rotherham Ltd is a registered charity (number 1075995) and company limited by guarantee (number 2222190). This privacy statement sets out how Voluntary Action Rotherham uses and protects any information that you give us when you use our websites.
Voluntary Action Rotherham is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Know your rights
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Rotherham Social Prescribing Service
- How do we keep your information secure?
- How can you access and update your information?
- Links to other websites
- Changes to our privacy statement
- How to contact us
Know your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For full details on your rights and current laws please visit the Information Commissioners Office website here.
What information do we collect about you?
Any information you provide will be carefully protected and stored on our secure database.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information including your name, address, job title and function, organisation, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other related details.
- Information that you provide voluntarily on our websites (varotherham.org.uk, www.rotherhamgismo.org.uk, www.meetingspaceinrotherham.org.uk and www.spectrumfutures.co.uk). This includes information provided at the time of registering to our site, subscription to our services, posting or contributing material to our websites or requesting further services via our websites.
- A record of our contact with you through all mediums i.e. online, in person, by telephone, fax, etc.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We will keep data for as long as is needed to complete the task for which it was collected. Relationships between Voluntary Action Rotherham and its funders are often long term, and so we expect to keep your data for as long as that relationship exists, or until we no longer need it.
How will we use the information about you?
Personal information which you supply to us will be used to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, this could be:
- to sign you up to one of our mailings including the weekly email bulletin
- to book you a place on one of our training courses, workshops or Audience with sessions
- to process your membership with Voluntary Action Rotherham
- to add your groups details to the Rotherham Gismo directory
If you consent to receive the VAR monthly members newsletter we use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver the newsletter. For more information please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the newsletter or by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to anyone unless we are required to do so by law.
Rotherham Social Prescribing Service
If you agree to be referred to the Rotherham Social Prescribing Service, we will be provided with information from Health and Social Care teams and Mental Health Teams including:
- your name, address, date of birth
- health information, relevant to the social prescribing service
This information will be used to create your personalised support plan. To implement your support plan, we will share relevant information about you with Voluntary and Community services. We will do this with your explicit consent on being referred to the Social Prescribing Service. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, to request access to personal information we hold about you, to request that inaccurate or incomplete information is rectified and a right to restrict us from using your information in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact your VCS Advisor.
Your information will be kept for up to 8 years.
Your de-identified information will be shared with our funders, the NHS Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group and Sheffield Hallam University – Centre for Regional, Economic and Social Research (CRESR) – for monitoring and evaluation purposes. This will also be undertaken with your explicit consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
How do we keep your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our websites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
We may send communications to you by email. Email is not a fully secure means of communication and whilst we do our upmost to keep our systems and communications protected we cannot guarantee this.
How can you access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Voluntary Action Rotherham hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to HR, Voluntary Action Rotherham, The Spectrum, Coke Hill, Rotherham, S60 2HX.
When you visit our websites we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the sites. This is information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For all the latest information on cookies and how to manage your preferences please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to our privacy statement
This privacy statement was last updated on 4th February 2019.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy statement or information we hold about you:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or write to us at Voluntary Action Rotherham, The Spectrum, Coke Hill, Rotherham S60 2HX