40 hours per week
Grimm & Co
Hours and Working Pattern:
Term of Employment:
23rd of February 2024
How to Apply
Please submit your CV, a covering letter and an EDI monitoring form (EDI Monitoring Form) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should outline – with examples - each bullet point from the Person Specification.
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic, and experienced Catering Assistant to work in our wonderful new catering offer called ‘the Feastery’ at Grimm and Co, Rotherham. This is an incredibly exciting time for our arts charity as we open the doors to our new home: Emporium of Stories. The successful candidate will be part of a team delivering the new story-themed, magical (and mortal) dining experience, for this Nationally significant arts organisation.
As a Catering Assistant, you will assist in adapting the existing story and experience of Grimm & Co to deliver a unique dining experience destination. This will grow to be a significant events and conferences destination too. It is envisaged that the Feastery will be at the heart of the community, offering a place for the sharing and creation of new stories, memories and building new traditions.
Grimm & Co is a fast-paced environment, with new challenges and adventures at every turn. This excites us, and we always support each other, getting stuck in with whatever needs doing. One day you could be delivering a children’s party experience, the next a conference for 50 teachers, or supporting the wider team at an event. Every day is different!
Some key terms/conditions of the role:
You will receive 25 days annual leave plus all UK Bank Holidays – pro rata.
Hours/FTE: 40 hours between Monday to Sunday (including some evening work). This role is full time, part-time applicants will be taken into consideration.
Reports to: The Catering Manager
Salary starts at £20,980.00 (this will increase in April 2024)
A charity that rewards loyal staff with enhanced terms and conditions around maternity/paternity leave, a strong commitment to your well-being and good working conditions.
Please see full Job Description and Person Specification below.
How to apply for this role:
Please submit your CV, a covering letter and an EDI monitoring form (EDI Monitoring Form) to email@example.com. The covering letter should outline – with examples - each bullet point from the Person Specification (see below). In the subject field please write “Application for Catering Assistant” followed by your name.
Grimm & Co wish to make their application process as accessible as possible. If you are experiencing any barriers in applying for this position, please contact us to discuss this further. We also welcome your thoughts on how we can improve our approach so please do tell us if your experience of this process could have been improved.
If you have questions about the role and would like to have an informal conversation before submitting a completed application form, please contact the catering manager to arrange a conversation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday the 23rd of February 12pm noon.
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday the 28th of February.
Please inform us of any issues regarding this date at application stage.
Start Date: As soon as possible as this is a new catering offer that is launching Feb 2024.
• Excitement and enthusiasm in promoting Grimm & Co’s vision, aims and objectives to share our story and link our work to local strategy and needs.
• Ensure high quality, creative dining experiences for all, demonstrate excellent customer welcome and engagement.
• Aim for all targets set by the catering manager on a day-to-day, quarterly and yearly basis.
• Ensure accuracy in cash handling, till operation and stock control.
• Work with the catering manager to create on-brand, visually impactful, delicious dishes and product displays.
• Where relevant and required for the role, attend any suitable training and development sessions which may include First Aid, Safeguarding, and Food Safety.
• Work in a way that improves equity, inclusivity and relevance in our catering provision to ensure all of Grimm & Co is fit for purpose and engages communities.
• Proactively seek feedback and use this to develop and improve the offer for a range of audiences, stakeholders and communities to tell our story and share our experiences with others.
• Support the charity with fundraising to ensure the continuity of our provision.
• Work closely with the retail and creative team to maximise commercial opportunities that directly support the charity finances and ethos.
• Support the wider team, as and when required, with any other reasonable duties in the successful delivery of the charity’s aims and objectives.
The job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the role or needs of the organisation.
Person Specification: As mentioned above please use this person specification to create your covering letter using the bullet points below.
Essential qualifications and experience:
• Good cooking and baking are essential skills.
• Experience of working in a busy café or restaurant environment.
• The ability to motivate and support other team members and volunteers.
• Experience in supporting the smooth operation of a kitchen including – maintaining high standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety.
• Able to step into any role within the café – including hot & cold food preparation and front of house service including working on till & preparing Barista coffees.
• Ensuring consistency of food service and standards.
• Actively working to embed equality, equity, diversity, and inclusion in your practice.
• Excellent organisational, administrative, and digital literacy skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Event catering experience / silver service
• Barista experience
• Must be used to a busy working environment and able to cope with the demands of the peaks and troughs.
• Experience of working with volunteers
• A valid UK driving license.
Thank you for your interest in the role and good luck in applying!